Online games are great fun for children. They offer numerous cool features that can keep your kids playing for hours. Well, playing online games is not always bad, as there are educational games that can increase the intelligence of your children. When playing online games, you should pay attention to the safety aspect. Today, there are some people who pretend to gamble and steal personal information for their own purposes. How to stay safe while playing online games? Here are some tips for learning:
1. Educate your children about the risks of online games. Your kids should know that bullying can happen in online games. There are some players who bully other players using bad language or pretending to be a friendly kid sharing game tips or giving game points. Your children should know that these types of players exist and therefore they should be more cautious.
2. Accompany your children when they are exploring online games. Before playing, check the rating of the games first. Game ratings will help you find the most appropriate games for them. When your children play their chosen games, sit down with them and participate in the games.
3. Inform your children about the rules for safer play. Tell your children that personal information should not be shared with other players. Personal information includes real name, age, address, photos, and more. Also, your kids should create a strong password that is at least eight characters long and includes a combination of letters and numbers. They should not share your password with anyone except you. Your kids should also know how to create the correct player name. It is recommended UFA that children do not use a play name that discloses their location, gender and age. For example, a player name “SeattleGirl1991” may indicate that the player is female, located in Seattle and born in 1991. It would be more appropriate to create a player name that does not reveal personal information.
4. Use the latest technology to protect your children while they play. Installing antivirus and anti-spyware software on your PC is a good way to increase security. You can also use the family settings to specify the games that are appropriate for your children and set the time limits for playing.
5. What should your children do when problems arise? Encourage your children to tell you when they become the target of bullying. However, make sure you don’t punish them for telling you. Ask your kids to ignore or even block someone who is trying to get personal information.